Thursday 11 February 2010

Is this true?

It's so funny reading the blog I wrote in the summer with the children away and me living the single life for a week; because the single life which one reacquires with the children in full-time schooling has come true. Marthe is now formally at school since, well, today.

Marthe and Hugo started school on Monday - Marthe became very upset and very angry and I thought it was going to be impossible to tame her to a life in the classroom... but low and behold three days down the line she is a natural. Has made very little fuss and instead rushed through Covent Garden on her micro scooter, eager to get to St Josephs'.

And Mummy? Miss Wilson, Marthe' s class teacher said under the row of paper plates this morning: 'oh let her do a full day, she was fine yesterday - go home, relax!' You would think this should have left me with euphoria, instead of which I feel tearful and lost. We are absurd creatures really aren't we? And emotionally so fallible ..

So I don't know quite what to do with myself. Housework? Sunbed? Confession? I know one thing I need to do is start closing my heart over to those individuals who've used it for a tester sample for their libidos of late.... Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment